It is a small village surrounded by nature, the ideal starting point for hikers who intend to reach the Murgia San Lorenzo and Monte Raparo. Built in the 10th century by Basilian monks, the main monument in this small centre is the Convent of Sant’Antonio dating back to 1512, with its church full of baroque decorations and some 17th-18th century paintings and sculptures. Quite evocative are the ruins of the Abbey of Sant’Angelo where the original cave is visible with an 11th century fresco depicting San Michele and a praying man. The cave still retains its natural beauty and is rich in stalactites and stalagmites, with numerous tunnels and pools that lead to the Trigella, a spring that gushes water only in springtime and summer, while drying up during the winter season.