Palazzo dell’Annunziata

The structure that stands in Piazza Vittorio Veneto square houses the “Tommaso Stigliani” Provincial Library.
The Palazzo dell’Annunziata was designed in 1734 by Vito Valentino di Bitonto, to be later built in 1748 by the architect Mauro Manieri di Nardò.
The lower part of the façade is characterised by a large central arch, through which, once upon a time, one entered a 19th-century church. Currently a cinema theatre has been set up in this same space.
The upper part of the façade is decorated with a pediment in which a clock surmounted by the coat of arms of the city of Matera is set.